Dear Scientific Colleagues,
On behalf of the Local Organizing Committee, I cordially invite you to attend the 10th International
Conference on Toxic Cyanobacteria to be held in Wuhan, China from 23 to 28 October, 2016.
International Conferences on Toxic Cyanobacteria have promoted active scientific exchange and
communication between scientists and students focusing on the study of cyanotoxins and toxic
cyanobacteria. Since the first conference in 1980, there have been nine ICTC’s, attracting participants
from all around the world to discuss progress of their state of the art research. With an ever increasing
awareness of the need for safe drinking and recreational water quality, and healthier freshwater
ecosystems, the scope of ICTC is becoming wider. The Scientific Organizing Committee has therefore decided that the theme for the upcoming ICTC10 will be “Research to Risk Management”. Wuhan, the venue for the conference, is also called the “city on rivers”. It has an old history and rich cultural traditions, and is famous for manhistoric spots including the Yellow Crane Tower and the Ancient Lute Platform. Today, Wuhan has developed into a modern metropolis recognized as the political, economic, cultural, educational and transportation center of central China. It also features an abundance of beautiful tourism resources and special local snacks, so a visit to Wuhan is definitely worthwhile experience. On behalf of my fellow Local Organizing Committee members, I look forward to welcoming you to Wuhan to join with us by participating in, and contribution to ICTC-10.
Chairman, Jindong Zhao, Prof, Academician
On behalf of the Local Organizing Committee
(1) Cyanobacterial detection
(2) Cyanotoxin analysis
(3) Toxicology and toxicity assessment
(4) Cell physiology and molecular biology of cyanobacteria
(5) Secondary metabolites production and functions: biosynthesis, regulation, biological functions
(6) Ecology and Cyanobacterial Bloom Dynamics: environmental controls
(7) Cyanotoxin compartmentation and persistence
(8) Interactions between cyanobacteria and other organism
(9) Risk management of cyanobacterial blooms and cyanotoxins at scales of catchment, in-lake and water treatment
(10) Remote sensing of blooms
(11) The regulatory environment and compliance.